POST SOUNDTRACK: Peaches by presidents of the united states
I´ve been getting so much heat for practically neglecting this blog. Its one of those things when you go through phases of no inspiration. I have been cooking, not so much new stuff. Also I don’t like how my pics turn out at night-time, just doesn’t look good.
I just purchased a dutch oven, it cost a bit, but my my is it worth it. Have a feeling loads of my dishes will involve my new lovely red dutch oven.
Today´s dish is a curry, I am not really sure what to call it. Just describing the ingredients might seem odd; Peaches, cheese, chilli, cream, cashews, chicken but the taste is wonderful. It has a very summery fresh taste, but also the comfort of a good curry.
Now you don’t need a dutch oven for this of course, but I made it all on one pan.
you will need
- a pack of chicken filets, sliced up to cubes.
- a can of peach halves (cut into wedges)
- 300 ml cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 good tbsp of mango chutney
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 cup grated cheese
- unsalted cashew nuts (about 1/2 cup )
- Mix the chilli, paprika, mango chutney, garlic and chicken stock in a pot and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer 2-3 minutes
- Set pot aside then mix in the cream and some syrup from the peach halves can, about 1/3 of a cup
- In a cooking dish layer the chicken filets and peach wedges along till its filled.
- pour over the chutney curry mix, then sprinkle in the cashew nuts.
- Finnish by topping over the grated cheese (I use mozzarella)
- Set in bottom of oven for about 30 minutes at 220 degrees celsius 420 fahrenheit.
Enjoy with rice and nan bread.