Food soundtrack: You´re so good to me by The Beach Boys
I am no chef, but if I were to choose one of my signature dishes, my pink vodka cream pasta is on top of that list. It is my specialty and without a doubt my favorite pasta.
I can’t describe how good this pasta makes me feel. One serving is never enough. It is my secret weapon and probably the first meal I cooked for my boyfriend. Ladies, it is a simple but such mouth exploding dish guaranteed to impress a date. Often I make this when my girlfriends come over and we just want a simple but delicious dish while we sit around the TV cuddled up and comfy. Usually I make sure to have leftovers because this pasta taste even better the day after. Heated on a piece of buttered toast for lunch is heaven.
Making this dish 1 or 2 hours ahead of time is ideal as it allows the sauce to really set, but not necessary.
I guess my secret is I am not greedy on the parmesan, seriously. As I am cooking the sauce I keep stirring in grated parmesan as the sauce simmer. Me love very much.
You will need.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka (I am all about Smirnoff)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cups of grated parmesan. Really, I have no limits here.
1. Gently saute the oil, butter, garlic, and shallots for 3 minutes to develop their sweetness.
Also start boiling your pasta (I love spaghetti for this sauce)
2.Add vodka and let it simmer. Reduce vodka by half, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes followed by the chicken stock. Let it really simmer for 5 minutes to let all the flavors blend, season with salt and pepper. Here I start stirring in the grated parmesan bit by bit. Again, I am very generous with the parmesan.
4. Add some of the basil leaves to the sauce while it simmer.
5. Take the pan of the heat and add then cream. Blend well together. Bring the pan back to the heat until the sauce starts to gently simmer again. Then remove all together. Sauce is done.
6. Drain pasta and return to the pan. Sprinkle the pasta with more generous amount of parmesan
7. Pour the sauce over the pasta with the basil leaves and start tossing.
8. I again add some more sprinkles of parmesan ( I am possessed)
Help yourself to a good serving, maybe some bread on the side and truly enjoy this orgasmic pasta.