Food soundtrack: Morning song by Jim Stärk
This year a part of our summer holiday went to Istanbul, Turkey. Not only is it the most stunning and beautiful city, I was also seduced by the Turkish cuisine. My favorite meat in the world is lamb, so I was pleased to see how many of their dishes was lamb based. But the best part is all the pita bread, yogurt, green leaves, lemons, olives and feta cheese that comes with almost all meals, just so fresh.
One of my favorite discoveries was one of their breakfast meals, poached eggs with yogurt. Breakfast/brunch is one of my favorite meals and I am always delighted to find new ways to combine poached eggs that I can dip bread into a gooey yolk. This dish has everything comforting of a good breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- vinegar (to put in water to poach eggs)
- 1 small tub of natural yogurt
- 1/2 clove grated garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of paprika powder.
- Toasted bread
- freshly chopped chives
1.Poach the eggs ( I struggled for years to learn how to poach eggs, but youtube has many videos to show you how)
2. Mix together the garlic and yogurt. Pour mix over the poached eggs. It settles so well together
3.Melt butter and when it sizzles add the cayenne and paprika, blend well, careful not to burn. Pour the oil mix over the eggs and yogurt. Top off with some chives
4. Toast bread and dip into this delicious and simple treat.