Food soundtrack: For you blue by The Beatles I love George Harrison, fact. period. Here he sings.
My grilled blue cheese melt gets a little nose cringe every time I describe the premise to whomever I am serving. But all the sceptics quickly change their mind as soon as they try this delightful combination.
True,the 3 ingredients sounds like quite an odd mixture, but in fact you can find the combination of balsamic vinegar, honey and blue cheese in many lavish salads.
What I do is quite different, but I promise you this, it is beyond divine. If you are a cheese, a blue cheese lover, then this will blow you away. It is something about the combination of the sharpness of the cheese, the sweetness of honey and the acidity of the vinegar that creates such astounding combination that just revels in your mouth after first bite.
I make this when I need an afternoon snack for myself, but it is perfect as canape as well if you are having some friends over for tea or wine and nibbles.
You will need
- Any sliced bread of your liking, I find rye bread or some walnut bread as my favorite.
- balsamic vinegar
- blue cheese (I always love roquefort)
1. Preheat you oven to abt 190-200 degrees
2. On the bread slices douse the bread in balsamic vinegar then squeeze on honey.
3. Include blue cheese on top of this and then put in oven for abt 5 minutes, when you see the cheese bubbles up and melts its done.
4. Douse some more balsamic vinegar and honey on top then ready to serve.
It’s just so divine.