Food soundtrack: Hooked on you by Al Green
I cannot take credit for this delicious recipe, it was given to me by my dear friend Fin, chef Finny, who loves being in the kitchen, exploring new dishes, as much as me.
At first it might sound a bit odd, the combination of curry, lasagna and cheese. Somehow it just works.
Now I am not an advocate for processed cheese, but somehow krafts processed cheddar cheese block, grated, just works really well with this recipe, the sweetness of the cheese adds to the experience, mixed with mozzarella cheese.
You will need
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 6 oyster mushrooms
- 5 green eggplants (มะเขือเปาะ)
- 100 g coconut shoot, cut into long pieces
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- lasagna sheets
- 1 cup holy basils
- ¼ cup bergamot leaves
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1¼ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn flour, dissolve in 2 tablespoons water
1. Heat up coconut milk and water, bring to boil. Add the curry paste and let it really simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Add the palm sugar, fish sauce ( can also use sugar) and let it simmer a minute or two.
3. Add the chicken, when it whitens add the mushrooms and eggplants. Cook till tender before adding bergamot leaves. Add cream then the holy basil. Proceed letting the curry simmer.
4. Add corn flour until curry thickens
5. Remove from heat. Now start layering the curry on a dish. Starting with layering lasagna plate-curry-plate-curry-plate-curry the top it off with all the grated cheese. Sprinkle with ground pepper
6. Put the tray in a preheated oven of about 180-200 degrees and cook for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with some salad on the side.