Food soundtrack: Wake up by Arcade Fire
THIS is truly a morning indulgence, it is simply heaven.
I was experimenting around, watching some food clips when I got inspired to make this.
An omelette with a creamy topping with salted meat , I cannot begin to describe how good this made me feel. All I say is you have to try this. Supreme taste.
- 2-3 eggs
- 4-5 stalks of asparagus chopped
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Any salt cured meat; parma ham, salted beef
- dash of lime
- dash of milk or cream
- Rocket for garnish
- butter for frying
1. In a bowl mix together the yogurt, mascarpone and parmesan
2. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, add some salt&pepper. I also add a dash of milk/cream and then for some acidity I add some lime juice, just a tad.
3. In a heated pan melt butter, then toss in the chopped asparagus bits. Let it stir fry for a minute. Add the egg mixture, gently stir the pan with a spoon so the omelette becomes fluffy. When it starts to cook through and top is not too moist remove from heat
4. Spread on the yogurt and cheese mixture, then place torn meat on top. Place pan in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. WARNING: the handle is HOT, I have burned myself on this before. Place on plate and garnish with some rocket.