Food soundtrack: Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins
I know I have not been consistent with my recipe posting the last few months, but I have been cooking and taking pictures. I think my biggest challenge till this day is scheduling things in my life, to actually set time aside and sit down and do stuff and not surf in forums on the internet like I tend to do.
I had craving for some soup and my friend suggested pumpkin soup with Thai red curry and coconut milk instead of cream, this sounded like a sure winner to me.
Now one thing I am still trying to master is actually peeling a pumpkin, I found it quite tricky and I am sure I did it wrong, so I if you have any tips I sure would appreciate it
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion diced
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 garlic diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp red curry
- 1 1/2 chicken stock
1. Saute the onion, shallot and garlic in the butter for a minute before adding the stock.
2. When stock boils add the pumpkin, tomato and diced carrot. Let it cook for about 10 minutes (until the pumpkin is soft)
3. In a separate saucepan heat some oil add the curry, let it simmer a few second before adding the coconut milk. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour everything in a blender and pulse a few seconds, be careful as I had a full blender and steam came shooting up, so you might want to do it in 2 batches.
5. Return to soup pan and ready to serve.