Food Soundtrack: the bloody beetroots – awesome
I used to dislike couscous, it was just one of those foods I never gave a chance. Then a few months back I was invited to dinner to some friends and they served me this couscous salad, I gave it a try and I loved it. Since then I have been hooked and you can always find this salad in my fridge. It’s great for lunch, pre or after workout meal as well as dinner side dish. This is great on its own with some avocado slices. Or great with grilled fish, chicken or meatballs.
you will need
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup water (with salt and some olive oil) Then some butter to fluff the couscous
- half a yellow bell pepper/capsicum
- a small handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- fresh cooked or pickled beetroot ( as much as your prefer)
- feta cheese crumbled into bits
- 1/3 cup of natural yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
1. Cook the couscous as package says
2. Mixed the chopped vegetables with crumbled cheese in a bowl. The mix in the couscous
3. In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour mixture over the couscous. Mix well.
Now I prefer this after its been in the fridge and let it set for an hour, but you can of course eat it straight away.